Tuesday 24 July 2012

Rockabilly Baby

I was asked to do a custom order for someone at Alley Cat Ink. A vintage spotty dress for a little girl. I thought it'd be fun to make some children's vintage and I'm loving how it's turned out. Kids clothes are so easy to make and relatively quick too. I choose a lovely sleeveless vintage pattern and cut out some red and white spotty fabric.



Next I marked and stitched up the darts.















After I put the darts in, I overlocked all the edges and then sewed the pieces together. Below is an action shot of sewing the facing to the front bodice.


Ironing all the seams out is an essential for dressmaking =)


For the skirt part, I gathered an oblong shape along the one edge and stitched this to the bottom of the bodice.


Overlocked and stitched up the hem.


To finish off the neckline I added a vintage daisy chain trim.



 
To fasten at the back I stitched on 3 big vintage red buttons and a ribbon loop to hold them together.


And this is the final project! Hope she likes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment